Dr Ismail Aby Jamal

Dr Ismail Aby Jamal
Born in Batu 10, Kg Lubok Bandan, Jementah, Segamat, Johor

Sunday, October 9, 2011

A TOUCHING STORY OF A PAIR OF NON-HUMAN SOULS THAT KEEPS A PERSON GOING THROUGH HARD LIFE…..






Sunday October 9, 2011

A pair that keeps me sane

By DHISKIERAJ

DICKIE is my dog and Whiskie, my cat. Dickie, a wire-haired dachshund, has been with me since September 1994.

I was diagnosed with epilepsy and a weak heart early this year and my wife left me unexpectedly, after accusing me of having an affair.

I loved my wife to death but I don’t know what her plans are since there is no future with me. There was a big drama in my apartment when she came to clear her stuff. Her family lambasted me without knowing the truth. I was cornered, cussed, humiliated and left alone to “die” with only my dog and cat as family.

As I was sitting on the floor in a corner and being bombarded with the curses that you see in Tamil dramas, my Dickie boy, who was in the living room, upon hearing the commotion, walked slowly with his head bowed and tail between his tiny legs past all these people.

He came to me, placed his head on my lap and gave me that compassionate look with his beautiful brown eyes, as if to say, “Don’t worry, I’m here.”

We have been through a lot together. I try to take him everywhere with me, even outstation.

I was suicidal and depressed to the limit, I almost lost my mind. It has been more than seven months now that I’ve lived with my Dickie and Whiskie and I would credit them for my existence today.

Dickie turned 17 recently. He has had a bad year as well. He was run over by a motorcycle a few months ago and recently, had a venomous spider bite on his penis. With the help of his vet, we saved him, but he is still recovering. He’s old but tough.

My Whiskie was a stray I adopted last year and she’s a cat like no other. She is incredibly attached to me. She follows me everywhere in my apartment and is very affectionate and loving. She’s very vocal.

I cried when I read Anthony Thanasayan’s story about his dog Soolam. I almost lost my Dickie boy twice this year and the very thought of being without him terrifies me. Anthony and Soo depended on each other; it must be more difficult for him.

I cannot imagine what he is going through now. I wish him well with his four-pawed companions.

________________________________________

© 1995-2011 Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)

No comments: