Dr Ismail Aby Jamal

Dr Ismail Aby Jamal
Born in Batu 10, Kg Lubok Bandan, Jementah, Segamat, Johor

Sunday, January 15, 2012

“I could not do it while I was in the party, because party colleagues and ‘parasites’ do not like the issue of alcohol and apostasy in Selangor to be fought against. ....HANG ON, HANG ON, HANG ON, PLEASE......HEY DATUK DR HASAN ALI, WHO ACTUALLY LEGALISE ALCOHOL IN MALAYSIA?

(The Malaysian Insider) - Former Selangor PAS commissioner Datuk Dr Hasan Ali has confirmed that he will not appeal his sacking by the party leadership, saying there was no reason for him to remain in the Islamist party.

“I cannot, my soul will not allow me to. I do not see the need to remain in the party,” he was quoted as saying by Sinar Harian today.

The PAS central working committee sacked Hasan, a former vice president and Selangor liaison chief, as a party member last Sunday for breaching party discipline.

The Gombak Setia assemblyman was axed for urging opposition supporters to avoid the January 9 rally in support of opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim as his sodomy trial verdict was handed down.

Anwar was acquitted and discharged of the sodomy charge.

Hasan (picture) stated that he did not regret making the stand, and charged that PAS’ Islamic struggle had been betrayed by “parasites” within the party.

He said he could not defend Islam and Muslims in Selangor as long as he was still with PAS.

“I could not do it while I was in the party, because party colleagues and ‘parasites’ do not like the issue of alcohol and apostasy in Selangor to be fought against.

“I am willing to be dropped from the (state) exco and forfeit all my benefits. Even though I have become comfortable with being an Exco, I leave it to save myself, children, wife and the Muslims,” he added.

Selangor Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim said on Friday that the Sultan of Selangor has consented to removing Hasan from his position as state executive councillor in charge of religious affairs.

Hasan, who is Gombak Setia state assemblyman claimed PAS’ opposition towards his struggle was proven when he was allegedly criticised by the party leadership for supporting the Selangor Islamic department’s (Jais) raid of church recently.

“I am not alone in this, soon there will be a massive movement to fight for the faith of the Muslims in this country,” Hasan said.

No comments: